Thursday, August 19, 2010

Draw a Character: This week....KRATOS!!

Hey, My Fiance' LOVES God of War (trilogy). So, in honor of her Bloodthirsty hunger for all things Spartan an Violent, I have decided to "Draw a Character" Each week. This week is of course KRATOS the Greek God Killer! Yeah, he's cool, and pretty simple enough to draw, but it's getting the RIGHT scene. Soemthing that's going to capture the ESSENCE of the character. I'm going to TRY and draw a Different Character each week, and try to get them in a SCENE (I need practice on background scenery), So HOPEFULLY I don't cop out and do a one shot posey style pic of anyone....So, ON TO KRATOS...These are the first sketches I came up with. I did these yesterday. I love having a WHOLE day to just draw, PLUS I bought new art supplies which ALWAYS gets me in the mood for drawing....So, without further delay.....





















Just a little practice.....




















Checked the internet for different possible poses....




















Just more character study....where tattoos go and such...




















Defining my style on the character....yeah I think I've finally started developing one, although it's still needs work.....




















I love this pic. It's the first one BUT it's a one shot! No story at all being told. SO, back to the drawing board...(Yeah I know a little "Joe Mad"-like....)




















Ok, THIS is the scene I went with. Kratos climbing out of hell after he's been sent there for the UMPTEENTH time and the arms of tortured souls grabbing and clawing at him *LOL*.... I'll be drawing this on Bristol Board and adding as much background detail as I can to make sure I get the practice... Well, That's all for now. Hopefully by Sunday i'll be done, and ready to start another character (maybe female? Who knows! I've always had trouble drawing Hot heriones! Time to GET'ER DONE!)

HELP KEEP ME MOTIVATED!! Comment, or email me to let me know you're out there!

joewillsart@gmail.com


PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment